Sunday, December 27, 2009

Homemade Gifts

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! We had a nice day with family and my husband cooked an amazing meal. He loves cooking the Christmas dinner and I'm the sous chef. The only problem was we cooked WAY too much and even after sending lots home with our guests we have tons of leftovers in the fridge. Oh well, I guess I won't have to cook for a couple of days :).

Now that Christmas has come and gone I am feeling the need to get the house back in order and might take the tree and decorations down today. My family thinks this is very scroog-ish but at least I waited until the 27th this year. I once took the tree down on Boxing Day! I have already put all my Christmas craft supplies away. Don't get me wrong I LOVE CHRISTMAS and enjoy all the lead up to it, but once it's over my house just feels cluttery.


But before I completely exit Christmas mode I wanted to share with you a couple more homemade gifts that I did. The first picture is of vintage glass snap jars (found at a garage sale) that I filled with scented Epsom salts for my work BFs. The one with the orange tag is fruity bath salts that I paired with some bath/shower gel. The other one is a foot soak that I paired with some peppermint foot cream from the Body Shop.




This next picture is of cookie mix in a jar. I have seen these before at craft sales and have always wanted to try making some. I followed Bakerellas recipe and modified the m&ms. Some had m&ms and choc. chips and some were made just with the choc. chips. One jar contained 3 different kinds of choc. chips. I gave these to my sister and sisters-in-law and some neighbours.


Well that concludes the Christmas crafting for me. Thanks so much for popping by, I really love having a place to share my stuff and am so encouraged by the comments I have received. Now I'm off the take down that tree! LOL.












1 comment:

  1. great gifts!!

    I sooooo wanna take my tree down but my daughter will have a fit....

    ReplyDelete