Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Shabby Tea Room Challenge



Well, it seems this is a weekend of challeges for me. And boy was this one a challenge! I stumbled accross this AMAZING card which lead me to the Shabby Tea Room. I loved Amanda's card SO much it made me want to play along with this weeks challenge...although the vintage style is really not my thing. This card took me forever to make people!! But I kinda like it. I was at a total loss for a sentiment but I think the AE "thank you" works...sort of blends in I think.

The dp is Basic Grey and cs is PTI Vintage Cream. I used PTI Fancy Flourishes and Delightful Dahlia stamp sets. The buttons are PTI Spring Moss. I used copics YG93, YG95, and YG97 for the leaves and PTI Ripe Avacado and Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink. The crocheted lace is from my stash...a gift from my good pal Char. I think that covers all materials. Oh, the flower was made from the Accent Essential Cricut cartridge and I used PTI Chamomile ink for the edges. Geez, this card really did take me forever to make with all that schutff. But I watched the movie ``Prime`` on W while I crafted so was probably distracted a bit.

As always, thank you SO much for visiting my blog!!

8 comments:

  1. So, SO pretty!! I love your flower and everything else about your card! (Gotta love those PTI Fancy Flourishes, huh?) Lovely job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous flower and awesome design! I'm so glad you found us and were able to spend some time in the Tea Room this week! I hope you can come back on Monday to give our next challenge a try too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza, this is gorgeous!! I think your card echos the inspiration photo more than any other I've looked at... love that gorgeous lace trim, the beautiful flower, your choice of background paper and colors.. everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so elegant!! makes me want copics even more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph! This one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete