Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Canada Day....eh!



Well, it's Canada Day! Probably my second most favourite day of the year. We have plans for a BBQ with family and friends later and will try to catch the fireworks in the evening.

I am so truly proud to be Canadian and so blessed to have been born in this beautiful country. Yeah, it's freezing 8 months of the year, but whatever.

2010 has been such an incredible year for us with the Vancouver Olympics too. It was amazing to hear our anthem so many times with all those gold medals!

Soooo...in honour of Canada Day I made the little card above, which has a twist on our flag. I couldn't resist the eh! stamp in the $1.50 bin at Michaels. I cut the maple leaf with my Cricut and Gypsy (first time I have used the Gypsy in months).

In my festive mood I also added a few flags out front...





And made a little cake (may need to make another - that really is little!!). Please forgive my dark-night-before pic.



Now it's time to enjoy some Canadian Beer and great company.

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love all your Canadian spirit! That cake looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Steph!! The Loonies are thinking of you and wishing you the best day ever!! Eat Cake. It looks frickin' amazing! Enjoy the Cdn beer. We are having some Whisky Sour and Pepsi (actually just Regs and I are). Oh and guess what~~~I got a BLUE glass canning jar!!!!

    See ya soon. Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable Steph!
    Hope you had an awesome b-day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday to you...maybe I'll get to meet you next year in Calgary.....

    ReplyDelete