Monday, May 16, 2011

Krylon Watermelon!

A recent trip around the blog world lead me to this post where I was introduced to Krylon Watermelon. **SWOON**. I was worried I might not be able to find it in Canada but I found some at Canadian Tire yesterday. I knew EXACTLY what I wanted to do with it.

The tags are from Papertrey Inks Button Boutique set. Last month I went away for a girls weekend with two dear friends and one of them (the Amazing Char) had prepped these tags and brought out ink, buttons, and embellishments for us to put them together. It was such a fun evening, sitting around crafting, chatting, eating (oh, and drinking wine too). I knew I wanted to do something special with my tags to remember such a great time.

I had bought this frame a couple of weekends ago at a garage sale (posted here). I covered the insert with some burlap and used scor tape to adhere the tags. Easy peasy. And doesn't it look great in all it's watermelon glory? I ADORE it.


I hung it in my craft room near my button and ribbon storage.


Thanks for peeking!

I'm linking up to Sarah's spray painting party. I know it's just a simple frame but I LOVE it (have I mentioned that yet??) and want to share it :).

6 comments:

  1. It is GORGEOUS! I love that colour. I need to copy you and spray paint mine too. And you even hung it already. DO-ER!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute...I'm a sucker for buttons. I keep walking by that watermelon color and WANT to buy it but haven't found a spot to use it...yet....but I think I'm on the verge...You might see it in use here at the cottage soon! Thanks for sharing your pretty creation.

    www.northerncottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shut the front door... it is amazing! You need to submit that to create home or something! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! It turned out FANTASTIC! So glad you found it!!!! :)

    www.iheartmygluegun.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. SHUT THE F'IN FRONT DOOR!!! That is the most wicked project ever!! I love it, did Char see it?? Oh yes, she did...she will make one I know it...as it rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete