Sunday, January 3, 2010

Loonie Stampers Challenge Catch Up

I don't know how I get so far behind on the LSC challenges. I used to do them weekly and will try to start doing so again. But I did catch up on 2 out of the last 3 challenges and also participated in this weeks. I kept it pretty simple, as usual.


This week's (#73):





These colours were a real challenge for me. I hardly ever use Berry Sorbet. I knew I wanted to do a cupcake but once that was done I had no idea what to use as a base or background so I followed Maria's faux stitching. I used the Ranger Inkssentials opaque pen. The cupcake is cut from the "From my Kitchen" Cricut cartridge. I think it's the first time I have used this cartridge but when it came out it was one of those "must haves" for me. Hopefully I will get more use out of it soon. The glitter on the card is Martha Stewart Brownstone and Garnet. Man I love that stuff.


#72:



Such a pretty colour map but when I pulled out the colours I had nothing, zilch, nada inspiration. I found this rub-on and thought I would make a little card for my husband Doug.


And finally #70 (I skipped #71 as it was Christmas):




I made another little note card type but with a real stitching border. It's almost straight too! lol. I used some of the crocheted flowers I have been hoarding for close to a year. The pp is Basic Grey but I can't remember what collection it is from.



Well, that's it for cards today. I'll leave you with a shot of the apple crisp I made for my son and his friend this morning. My mom gave me that beautiful deep dish pie plate and stand for Christmas. She knows I love to bake which makes it such a special, thoughtful gift to me.



Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Wow these are all awesome Steph! I love the Hi-Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy poop girl...you are on fire!!

    Love these

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...baking and card making...a perfect day to be sure:) Love all the cards - and the faux stitching! And I laughed when I saw the cherish card - I just ordered that a couple of days ago and I can't wait to get my hands on it. Glad you're back:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that baking dish! Awesome gift!! :)

    And I love your cards, so cute!!! I'm sick of Xmas stuff too.... lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well of course I like my colours best so I love that card best!!! LOL But to be completely honest, I am all about the apple crisp...frigin fave dessert!!! Tell Char to bring me some!!! Getting excited about CHA, you brat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good for you!! I also fell far behind in the loonie challenges!! I just got so busy during the holidays and then closed down my crafting space for a little while. I am up and at it again and will hopefully keep up too! I love your cards. Your cupcake is delightful and no need with a fancy background cause it is so cool all buy itself. I especially like your last card - I have that orange paper too ... I just might have to pull it out and see what i can do with it. And finally, you wanna send me a bowl of that apple crisp??? It's just an hour drive up the highway LOL!!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete