Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Papertrey Ink August Blog Hop




Hello!! This is the first time I have participated in the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop. When I think about Fall I think about the leaves turning colour and of Thanksgiving, which is in early October for us Canadians (can't wait for turkey and all the trimmings!).


Okay, the story on these cards...I saw this wonderful branch used as a background stamp on a card displayed at CHA. I wasn't ACTUALLY at CHA, I saw the card in a photo on Dawn McVey's blog in this post. Since then I have been on a mission to find it. I went thru Nichole's archives and found the very card and name of the set! Lucky for me my good pal Char owns the Beautiful Blooms set so I was able to get my hands on this stamp. It coordinates with the Green Tea Leaves paper perfectly. I have seriously debated buying the set for this single image!!

I only intended to make a single Thank You card but was having so much fun with the background stamping that I decided to make a set in rich fall colours. But I wasn't quite done after 4 cards so I continued with the coordinating colours of the Green Tea Leaves paper. All products are PTI except the Ali Edwards sentiments from the Loving Words set, Versamark and Tim Holtz Distress Ink. I have some special people in mind that I will send these cards to this Fall. I actually made another 2 other cards with the background image as well. So after 10 cards I am *almost* ready to return this set to Char!



Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I can't wait to check our all the other projects myself.

31 comments:

  1. I want that set just for that branch stamp too, LOL.

    Simple, but stunning cards. Great job and TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great sets of thank you cards. You really projected the warmth of the autumn season.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this set of cards - that branch stamp has totally worked its magic on your creations! I confess that I may have to buy that set too after seeing these little beauties! LOL!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful set of cards. I love the branch as a background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SHUT THE DOOR! OMG I loooooove these. Seriously.....time off at home really agrees with your creativity. Let's quit our jobs?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOOO CUTE! Love this set of cards; they're too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such great cards...so glad to joined us Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome set of cards you made. Another one of my favorites from the night.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great set of cards, I like the assortment of colors. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great set and love that you've got the Tea Leaves papers in there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, your cards are gorgeous!! I can see why you would want to keep going with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! They are just gorgeous!! Fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful set of cards -- love the colors and layout (love the leaf image, too)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was the first PTI set I bought, mainly fo that branch, and it remains my single favorite stamp of all time. Really fabulous cards. Thanks for the inspiration, I'm sure I will be CASEing in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cards are all BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous set of cards! I love how you made one in several different colors! Welcome to PTI blog hopping! Isn't it fun? This is my second. :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely one of my favorite projects tonight, they are GORGEOUS!!! I love them, totally bookmarking so I can use as inspiration later. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow these are fabulous! I love that each card it a different color! Great layout and I really need to get myself that tea leaves paper! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great set of cards, they look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are fantastic Steph! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG - Stephanie....this are AMAZING. Maybe even my most favorite thing I've seen!!! wooozers!!! I am totally going to CASE you ... hope that is okay!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such an adorable little set of cards! I just LOVE 'em!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing work, you made that set so tempting for me, I was hoping to get away, but now I think I have to have it. Well done and TFS

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great set of cards. You're right -- that branch does coordinate well with the tea leaves paper. Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love these cards!! Great mass producing card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fabulous set of cards! Great job on your first blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful cards. Loved them. I have been debating about that stamp set as well and your cards have inspired me to buy it.

    ReplyDelete