Monday, August 10, 2009

Raspberry Suite Colour Challenge #14...Embrace the Purple?



I love Dawn McVey's blog and try to participate in her colour challenges often, but this one was really, really hard for me! Bright pink and purple, TOGETHER? On the same card?? Well, at least this challenge gave me a chance to visit an old friend...Raspberry Fizz. When this colour came out I was *so* smitten. These days, I think the Scarlet Jewel and Enchanted Evening have won me over as new favourites.


I originally intended to use tulips on this card, but found this flower on the Home Decor cartridge and decided to try it. I also decided to try the ruched ribbon effect, which I first saw on Dawn's blog. All products are PTI on this one with the exception of the Kaiser jewels.



Now I'm off to see the other cards (and feel totally inadequate with mine...ha ha)!



Thanks SO much for visiting my blog!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Love this! Fabulous use of the colours...great ribbon treatment :) It definitely is "Absolutely Fabulous!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lovely comments! I love all the ribbon on your card. I was thinking that that was the only thing missing from mine, but there was a bit of raspberry ribbon on there as well!
    Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your flower, button and stiched ribbon. Way to rock Dawn's color combo.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I was tempted (because usually Dawn has such great color combos) but when I saw the pink and purple I thoguht "not gonna happen" -- yeah for you!! Great flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for your sweet comment! I love the flowers on your card! SO pretty! I struggled with the purple too...definitely not one of my go-to colors! ;-)

    ReplyDelete