Sunday, August 9, 2009

LSC #52



This is one of my favourite Loonie Stampers Challenges in a while. I just love these rich, yet vibrant, colours. When I saw this colour map it reminded me of colours in my own home, and of Fall. Orange and green are my favourites, and a couple of years ago I took the plunge and covered our builder's beige walls in the family room off the kitchen with a burnt orange (Well, I didn't actually paint them....I left that to my sister who is a professional painter ha ha). Here's a shot of one of the corners in the room.




As for my card, I used my Cricut again (twice in one weekend, not bad!) to cut out the branches. I knew I wanted to use coloured branches but wasn't sure what I would use for the sentiment(which is a rub-on on acetate). That expression "friends forever" is so junior high to me, but it worked well on the card.

Please visit the Loonie Ladies to see their wonderful and inspiring creations. As my pal Char is just back from vaca I am going to link up Regan this week , who issued the challenge.

Thanks for visiting and have a fantastic day!

4 comments:

  1. Your card turned out beautiful.

    Thanks for playing,

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen Missy! You're making me look bad with your perfect card!! When Regan catches on that I didn't play her weeks challenge she's going to kick my butt! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I love what you did with this challenge. You can really tell that is "spoke" to you :-)
    I love the dots on the ends of the branches too!! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, and I love the burnt orange walls!!!

    ReplyDelete